The mobile app developers of a renowned Phoenix Web Design Company start with this simple Statista statistic, “There are about 2.2m apps on the Apple App Store in January 2017 and 3.3m of them on Google Play in September 2017” and we are pretty adamant about one simple logic that these figures are surely going to skyrocket in the future, not the other way round.
If you don’t believe us, then there is a graph to prove what we are saying. Have a look.
But why people should choose your app to download and not so many others in the Apple Store or Google Play store. There has to be a solid reason or the value you are providing the customers through your app that will motivate them to download your app and use it on a daily basis. But for people to judge your app they need to be aware of the fact that your application exits in the Google or App Store in the first place. With so many applications already gracing the Apple and Google App Store, it becomes quintessential for people to increase their app’s visibility among all these competitors.
In the most practical of ways, there are two ways of how people will know of your app and install it on their mobile phones in the first place. First, through advertising, be it online or offline or any sort and second is directly searching your app on an app store. The mobile app installs that are the result of the app store’s inbuilt app search module are known as organic app installs.
The mobile app developers of a renowned Website Designing Agency in Phoenix AZ feels that if you are leveraging the full potential of organic app installs, then you are greatly losing out on a large chunk of valuable app users. Organic app installs are vital to the success of your brand’s mobile application since these installs are made by customers with a clear search intent that they know about your mobile application, they feel that your application is tapping in the huge need gap and they want to download it. This isn’t the case when they see your app advertised, because that time they don’t feel they need your application or if you are targeting any need. Organic app installs ensures a higher quality customer relationship from the first point (app search) to the last (app install).
So, the point we are trying to put here is that discoverability plays a huge role in determining the success of a mobile application. That is why App Store Optimization abbreviated commonly as AOS is the great and the only way to make your presence felt in the crowded app store. Since we are going to discuss the various AOS trends for 2018, let’s first refresh our memory as to what App Store Optimization is?
Let’s get started.
What is App Store Optimization (AOS)?
The App Store Optimization or (AOS) is a part of search engine optimization that ensures your app is going by the app ranking criteria and is securing the first place in the Google Search Engine Result Page (SERP). App Store Optimization (AOS) is a great way to boost your ranking on Google Play Store and Apple Store. It ensures that you are having all those features and qualities that are enough to outrun your competitors in the race of app store traffic and app downloads.
But the real question here is how online marketers get on the task of optimizing apps for better discoverability and visibility in an app store?
Etoile Info Solutions has put together several app store optimization techniques that will help you up your mobile app game in 2018.
Look for Right App Store Keywords
- The major aspect for securing a top position on App store search rankings is by selecting the right app store keywords.
- But, don’t go about putting only the popular app store keywords just to be ranked higher on app store search. Chose keywords that are relevant to your app.
- Also, I don’t know how many people are aware of the fact that the words in the user app reviews are also indexed by the app store search engine. That’s why for quality and effective app store keywords, review mining is a great technique.
Also Read: Let’s Talk About UX Copywriting
Look For SHAREit – Transfer & Share
4.If you are launching a new app then use app store keywords with low difficulty and reasonable popularity. After an initial momentum, use app store keywords with higher popularity and reasonable difficulty.
- The next in queue is the app name which must be decided considering all the keywords you have finalized. According to a study, “using keywords in your title can result in up to 10.3% increase of rankings.” Google, as well as Apple’s app search algorithm, look for keywords in the app name when a user puts in an app store search query and give higher priority to those apps that contain the words similar to the search input.
- Use your brand name in the first, no rocket science, followed by few vital keywords separated by a dash or a semicolon.
Gboard – the Google Keyboard
1Weather: Widget Forecast Radar
- It is obvious that if you are instilling app store keywords in your app name and tile, the app description must also be loaded with it. But don’t go overboard with keyword stuffing, because that will cause app store search engine to penalize your app instead of ranking it.
- Google app store search engine does take into consideration keywords and pulls them from your description to be your app store keywords. Incorporate them sensibly so that they can go seamlessly and naturally with the app description.
- iOS App store search engine does not take into consideration the keywords you have incorporated in the app description. But that doesn’t mean you can let go of the app description game altogether.
iOS wants online marketers to be detailed with the app description, what it does, what value it is providing, features, advantages, social proofs, awards, and honorable mentions your app has received.
- Both Google and iOS evaluate the names of In-app purchases (IAP) and index them in the app store search.
- Your mobile applications’ In-app purchases should be app store keyword optimized, should have their display names, promotional images, and descriptions. You can display a maximum of 20 IAPs on your product page.
- We have an interesting statistic to match this point too. A great and impactful app store icon can increase downloads by up to 560%.
- Keeping the purpose of your application in mind, design a simple, creative yet eye-catching app icon that can tell all about your app in a single square icon.
- Color, shape and the frame you are using also plays a vital part in increasing your app downloads.
- The screenshots of your app play a major role in telling the users what the app is about and what all features it boasts.
- According to a study, using at least two best screenshots of your app can boost your conversions by up to 25%.
- Every screenshot you are using should portray a different feature of your app and what all users are going to get upon downloading it.
- Just make sure you are keeping your screenshots in a vertical position since they are easier to see on the narrow screens.
- Though making a video is quite time-consuming and expensive, it can increase install rates by more than 20% in the Apple App Store and by 35% on Google Play, according to StoreMaven.
I hope these app store optimization (AOS) tips will help you to increase your app downloads in 2018. If you have more tips and suggestions you want to recommend leave your comments below.